W.R. Peden - Interview






Q: Please introduce yourself.
A: I am a US Marine Corps Operation Iraqi and Operation Enduring Freedom veteran as well as a current member of the Missouri National Guard. Outside of writing I am also a Husband and Father of 2 lovely daughters as well as a Volunteer fire fighter in my area. I am also the owner/designer of Will Designs with over 8 years of experience.

Q: What are you working on now?
A: I am currently working on Book 2 of the Tripton-Z Series and a stand alone Independent Professional Wrestling Serial Killer Novel.

Q: Why did you decide to write your current work?
A: People have thoroughly enjoyed Book 1 so a sequel is necessary. As for the Stand alone, I feel with my history behind the scenes in professional wrestling and my connections that it would be a very fun and unique perspective.

Q: What genre do you usually write in? Do you typically write novels, short stories, poems, etc.?
A: I write in the Post-Apocalyptic and Horror Genres. Most of the time I try and write Novels/Novellas.

Q: What have you written in the past?
A: I was a writer and designer for the NWA Ringside Magazine from 2014-2015 as well as the 1st book in the Tripton-Z series: Soldiers of ZED and recently my first Grayscale Coloring Book – Hot Rod Heaven

Q: How long have you been an author?
A: Officially only a couple of months, unofficially over 20 years worth of writing.

Q: What made you want to become an author?
A: I had a story that I thought others would want to read.

Q: If you are currently supporting yourself from writing alone, how long did it take you to get to this point since you began seeking to make writing a full-time career?
A: I am not there yet, but hope to be sooner rather than later.

Q: Have you self-published, traditionally published, or both? If both, do you prefer one over the other? Do you have any advice for authors seeking your chosen method of publication?
A: I am a self-publisher. Being a Graphic Designer, it helps as I did the cover, the layout and formatting for my self-publishing. As for advice, I would recommend doing it yourself but keeping control over each aspect that you are unfamiliar with when outsourcing.

Q: Do you have any advice for beginning authors? (Please answer even if you are a beginning author yourself.) For example:  How do overcome writer’s block? What marketing tactics have you found to be the most effective? Any advice at all.
A: Write, Write, Write. Don’t force the story, but don’t worry about it being perfect from the start. Its called a first draft for a reason! With marketing I advise finding a PA that is good and will help you with the launch and advertising of your novel. I am also a big fan of just asking, the worse they can say is no.

Check out Will's first book in the Tripton-Z series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Writing Process...or at least My Writing Process

Kendra Radke - Interview

Potential Hook for a Short Story?